One of the greatest challenges to effective leadership, is the failure for someone, who is either elected, selected, or ascends to a certain position, to be ready, willing and able, to personally transform, from a politician, to a statesman! Those running for often, unfortunately, in their quest to win, resort to exaggerations, rhetoric, and empty promises. They often pit their supporters against others, in an adversarial relationship, merely, in order to solidify their chances of victory. This often leads to our often – present state, of having a dearth of true, reliable, quality
1. Unity; unify; urgent; urge; useful: Uniting your constituents is not merely some exercise performed, so you can claim unity! Rather, it means recognizing, there will always be differences of opinions, and everyone will not necessarily, either think your way is the best approach, nor you are the best choice to lead! True
2. Needs; niceties: Once elected, one has the choice, of how he will behavior towards others. Will he make it all about him, or clearly show, he seeks to serve all constituents, and the group? How clearly will he address needs, and will he utilize the niceties, which show others you care and respect their wishes?
3. Ideas; integrate; involvement: How will you introduce your ideas? Will you clearly articulate your message, and intent, to integrate positive ingredients and actions, into the group’s activities? The goal of
4. Timely; time – tested; trends: Stop discussing what didn’t work well, in the past! Avoid the easy, lazy course, of blaming and complaining! Rather, introduce well – considered, timely strategies, proceed to taking relevant actions, and take advantage of those trends, which might improve the group’s relevance and sustainability!
5. Excellence; empower; empathy; earn: Don’t assume you know what others think, believe, perceive, or are concerned about! Listen effectively, and develop genuine empathy! Get others involved, so they feel empowered, and want to do more! Never settle for doing the mediocre, but strive for excellence! If you do all this, you will earn the respect, not only of present supporters, but other fair – minded constituents!
You aren’t leading if you divide, because true